The first time you hear Sceptre-series CoActual™ 2-way studio monitors, you’ll discover fine nuances of your music that can’t be reproduced by conventional designs. The Sceptre’s panoramic soundstage, fine detail, and stunning dynamics will astonish you.
The coaxial conundrum.
Coaxial designs offer the advantages of a single point source for a consistent acoustic center and a symmetrical dispersion pattern. But designing coaxial systems without acoustic anomalies has been extremely expensive—until now.
The magic of TQ.
Each Sceptre monitor contains a DSP chip that enables the use of Fulcrum Acoustic’s TQ algorithms. The result is speakers that deliver the full benefits of coaxial design.
Monitors you can customize.
Sceptres provide extensive user-adjustable contour features that let you optimize the monitors for any mixing space.
Big woof or huge woof
The Sceptre series includes two models with the same high/mid coaxial section. The S8’s bass response is downright stunning.
- Combines DSP time-correction and point-source design for symmetrical soundstage and micro-definition imaging
- Unique coaxial transducer integrates 8-inch midrange driver and 1-inch (25 mm), horn-loaded HF transducer with Coaxial Speaker Coherence Alignment
- Powerful DSP provides critical Temporal Equalization™ with multiple FIR filters
- HF Driver Adjust (0 dB, +1 dB, -1.5 dB, -4 dB)
- Acoustic Space settings (0 dB, -1.5 dB, -3 dB, -6 dB)
- High-pass filter (Off, 60 Hz, 80 Hz, and 100 Hz, -24 dB/octave slope)
- Sensitivity (+4 dBu to -10 dBV)
Power and safety
- 180W RMS, Class D biamplification with internal heat sink
- 102 dB maximum continuous SPL
- RF shielding, current-output limiting, and over-temperature protection
- Amplifier “soft start” feature eliminates popping on power-up
- Internal power supply with IEC connector
- Power switch with on/off LED
Inputs and outputs
- Balanced XLR and ¼-inch TRS line-level inputs with A-taper level control
- 1- Balanced XLR
- 1- Balanced ¼” TRS
- Frequency Response (-3 dB) 46 Hz – 20 kHz
- Frequency Response (-10 dB) 38 Hz – 23 kHz
- Crossover Frequency 2.4 kHz
- LF Amplifier Power (@ 4Ω) 90W
- HF Amplifier Power (@ 4Ω) 90W
- Peak SPL (@ 1 meter) 116 dB
- LF Driver 8” glass-reinforced paper
- HF Driver 1” diaphragm compression driver
- Input Impedance 10 kΩ
- Volume Range A-type taper A-type taper
- HF Control Flat, +1, -1.5, -4 dB
- Flat, +1, -1.5, -4 dB
- Low Cut Flat, 60, 80 Hz, 100 Hz
- Acoustic Space Flat, -1.5, -3, -6 dB
- RF interference
- Turn-on/off transient
- Subsonic filter
- External mains fuse
- 100-120V ~50/60 Hz or 220-240V ~50/60 Hz
- Vinyl-laminated, medium-density fiberboard
- Width 11.4” (290 mm)
- Depth 13.3” (338 mm)
- Height 15.75” (400 mm)
- Weight 24.25 lbs (11 kg)