With the dynamic performance microphone MTP 840 DM, LEWITT puts true studio performance onstage. Universally usable thanks to switchable sensitivity and a multi-step high-pass filter, infinitely durable and optimally equipped for punishing touring conditions without compromising on sound – this is what the MTP 840 DM stands for.
Excellent transient response, refined electronics and superior capsule design make the MTP 840 DM a unique tool for onstage use. Innovative circuitry design and the highest-quality components make for exceptionally low self-noise and a maximum of dynamic range when in active mode; the frequency curve, which is specially tailored for vocal recordings, provides the ultimate in sound quality.
Numerous useful features make the MTP 840 DM incomparably versatile onstage and in the studio. A three-step high-pass filter directly influences the proximity effect, allowing adaptation of the mic to an individual artist’s requirements. The built-in three-position switchable amplifier, is specially adapted to the MTP 840’s components, allowing lossless recording of even far-off sources. The LEDs on the MTP 840 DM, which can be turned off, make checking the mic’s numerous settings a direct and easy matter even in the dark.
The new dynamic flagship MTP 840 DM transports the artist’s voice in a natural and powerful way, lending his or her voice the necessary presence without falsifying its individual character. Consistent directionality across the entire frequency spectrum makes for maximum protection against feedback, with the flexibly suspended capsule reducing structure-borne noise to a minimum.
- Proprietary dynamic capsule tuned specifically for demanding vocal applications, with brightened range and extended low end
- Uniform supercardioid pickup pattern for maximum isolation of the main sound source
- Optional active mode provides superior dynamic range of 121 dB-A and extremely low self-noise of 19 dB-A for ear-catching realism and distortion-free sonic depth
- Optional 3-position switchable amplification (0 dB, 6 dB, and 12 dB) for unrivalled signal quality in demanding environments
- 3-position switchable high-pass filter for direct adjustment of proximity effect according to application and artist
- Illuminated indication of microphone settings for quick and easy handling even in dark environments
- Recessed slide switches prevent unintended change of settings
- Effective integrated acoustic pop and windshield offers excellent protection without compromising high-frequency clarity
- Rock-solid full metal, die-cast body for rough daily touring routine
- Hardened steel mesh grille to prevent wear and abuse
- Minimally affected by varying load impedance
- Corrosion-resistant gold-plated 3-pin XLR output connector
- Comes in a cardboard box including MTP 40 MCs shock mount and DTP 40 Lb artificial leather bag
- Lead and background vocals
- Demanding live and studio applications
- Acoustical operating principle – Dynamic, moving coil
- Directional pattern – Super-cardioid
- Frequency range – 40 to 18.000 Hz
- Sensitivity – 3,5 mV / Pa (-49 dBV), passive mode, 7 mV / Pa (-43 dBV), active mode,
- 14 mV / Pa (-37 dBV), active mode
- Signal / noise ratio – 75 dB-A
- Equivalent noise level – 19 dB-A, Super-cardioid (IEC 61672-1)
- Dynamic range, passive mode – 135 dB-A
- Dynamic range, active mode – 121 dB-A，0 dB gain, 115 dB-A，6 dB gain, 109 dB-
- A，12 dB gain
- Max. SPL for 0,5 % THD, active mode – 140 dB, 0 dB gain, 134 dB, 6 dB gain, 128 dB, 12 dB gain
- Gain settings, active mode – 0 dB, 6 dB, 12 dB, switchable
- Bass cut filter slope – 12 dB / octave at 150 Hz 12 dB / octave at 250 Hz
- Rated impedance < 600 ohms
- Rated load impedance > 1.000 ohms
- Supply voltage – 48 V +/- 4 V (IEC 61938)
- Current consumption – 5,5 mA (IEC 61938)
- Connector – Gold plated 3-pin XLR
- Dimensions – 2 dia. x 7,2 inch
- Net weight – 336 g
There are no reviews yet.